The Good News Brand: Week 10
‘Close-to-home’ strategies are being deployed by brands to reach consumers.
Many are forming partnerships, directly involving consumers, using the latest technology and hosting live (but still virtual) experiences.
Those who don’t do anything will be left behind. It’s better to do something than to do nothing.
Take a look at who we featured in this week’s Good News Brand blog:
1) Boom Cycle, one of London’s many boutique spin studios has been listening to the cries of avid spinners who are missing their session and are renting out their bikes, shoes and weights for a very reasonable fee. To bring the boutique experience to you, they’ve teamed up with Apex, creator of a new ‘At-Home Bike’ with exclusive online classes.
2) Sharing food to lift your mood… Since lockdown, mealtimes have become more of an occasion for bringing people together. Gousto aims to do this on a national scale with the UK’s biggest virtual dinner party. Hosted by Nick Grimshaw, with special celebrity guests, households can tune in tonight at 8pm for a one-of-a-kind evening.
3) Coca-Cola have partnered with BeApp to create Coke Studio Sessions which will see live streams of over 100 performing artists! The sessions will run for 60 days and donations will go to organisations for Covid-19 relief. A great way to connect with consumers globally through a fun, sharable and interactive platform.
4) Yesterday, beer giant BrewDog launched The BrewDog Kickstart Collective; a new initiative which will help bars, pubs and bottle shops to reopen around the UK. Any independent bar, pub or bottle shop can join the collective and will have access to insights, information sharing, free stock training and discounts.
(Source: BrewDog Youtube)
5) Many brands are getting creative in the current climate, with some marketing teams inviting the public to get involved; ITV have teamed up with commercial brands Aldi, Haribo, Honda, Walkers and Weetabix to create The People’s Ad Break Challenge. Viewers were encouraged to recreate one of their iconic ads and submit their entries as a chance to be aired this Saturday.