The Good News Brand: Week Seven
Starting this blog series 7 weeks ago, unsure of how long it would be going on for, it feels quite surreal that we’re onto blog post number 7.
Even though we have no definite end in sight (yet), there’s a feeling of optimism in the air as some brands are beginning to look ahead and plan for the ‘new normal’.
Whatever the ‘new normal’ may be, it’s been encouraging to read about the many many brands who are helping their consumers, as well as other brands, stay on their feet.
Take a look at who we’ve featured this week:
1) Alpro has announced a support package to help independent coffee shops recover post-coronavirus; they’re offering free stock, spending an initial £125k on the free stock as well as on a social media campaign to support baristas.
2) Hush Puppies gave away free shoes to OAP’s. You could have surprised your grandparents with a brand-new pair of super comfy colourful shoes to brighten up their day. As expected, the offer sold out in minutes!
3) Looking to impress your Zoom friends on your next virtual Happy Hour? Yesterday Avión Tequila teamed up with the Liquor Lab in New York to put on a free masterclass dedicated to the drinks of Cinco de Mayo.
(Source: Avión Twitter)
4) To help give the NHS workers a well-deserved pick-me-up, UCC Coffee has donated 100,000 bags of Lyons coffee to hospitals around the UK.
5) Camden Town Brewery has created a limited-edition beer especially for front line workers. All proceeds from the new beer, Heroes, go towards the NHS, and what more, NHS workers can have a 6 pick on the house.